Download ICOM-ICTOP Programme Final 2014 (PDF, 600KB)
Tuesday 21 October:
- Arrivals. Business, Board and planning meetings ICOM ICTOP (site visits and shopping)
- Delegates arrival. Pick-up at the Noi Bai International Airport and transfer to hotel for check-in.
- (Delegates must inform their arrival flight details ahead of time for pick-up. Delegates who arrive at the same time will be transferred to hotel in shared coach)
- Welcome dinner at local restaurant.
Wednesday 22 October:
- Buffet breakfast at hotel.
- Full day attend conference at hotel.
- Opening ceremony (30 minutes).
- Refreshments break
- Keynote speeches
- Capacity Building – State of the Art Presentations
- Research Training and Challenges
- Select paper presentations
- Evening: A Museum visit and welcome dinner and cultural performance at a Museum (TBC)
Thursday 23 October:
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Applied heritage or museographical workshops from 9.00am until 4.00pm.
- Report back in Plenary Session. 4.30-6pm.
- Venue, TBC. Followed by Conference Dinner and Vietnam Water Puppet Show.
- The purpose of the workshops is to develop guidelines for training and capacity building.
- Delegates need to be transferred in time to different museums.
Friday 24 October
- AM: Special session with Vietnam Tourism on Museums and Heritage Tourism.
- Capacity building for locating museums in developing thematic routes to promote Heritage Tourism.
- PM: ICOM ICTOP Sessions/papers
- Lunch followed by ICTOP Board meeting.
- Closing ceremony
- PM: Site visits and shopping. Evening free. Participants are encouraged to retire early and rest for an early morning excursion departure at 7.00am
Saturday 25 October
- Study Tour to Ha Long Bay. Cruise and lunch included. Dinner is at your own expense.
- NB: Participants can return by the end of the day for their international departures on Sunday or opt at their own expense to travel to other places in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. They book directly with the travel agent.